Monday, October 8, 2012

An Epitaph of a Thing Called Love






As I could thought
Love isn't for me
Tough as I can be
Destroyed by an abstract object
Armed with anything it can find
I was hopeless against it.
Until I saw hope in a broken heart.

My broken heart is the shiny light.
Hope to get away from that destroyer of worlds
Yet, I foolishly rushed towards that feeling.
A weapon worse than a nuclear bomb
Illusory as any mythological legend
with one tragic hero and a quasi-triumphant villain.
The villain's name is Love.

She told me to wait a bit longer.
I waited ages for her.
Wandering from world to world
With a glimpse of tarnished hope.
She couldn't careless.
Never answered my question of time
Just a simple, apologetic answer
Not given by decency.
Just left without words
Toying with what is left of my heart.

How soon I can hold on that false hope?
Not enough to withstand another blast from her.
A blast so powerful that could shatter everything I can cope with.
I have no chance of escaping.
Except for fighting against it.
I survived the worst events 
Then, I shall survive this.
That's what I do, live through the worst and become better.

I feel rejected by destiny or her whims.
Don't know if I can handle that loss.
Is waiting for the train to come
To take away the wins and losses
Leaving what is left of my thoughts and emotions in that station.
My heart is just whimpering by that illusion I felt.

Being a lovesick fool is deplorable for my reason.
Can my reason suffice and help me to move on.
I left that in the past.
I'm able to transcend to the next level.

Although, I'm thankful about the time and lesson spent
during our little period of time together.
I still have feelings for you,
but they are of nostalgia of a longing past.
It belongs to the past as my foolish emotions that made a perfect wanderer without destination.
I  just see ahead a clear blue sky with a shining sun blessing my path,
making me forget what I had endured.
And helps me to remember the good times we had.
And the good lessons that you taught me.